1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sound Card..Help!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by terrijo43, Feb 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. terrijo43

terrijo43 Thread Starter

I just upgraded the bios on my 98 2nd edition IBM..Now My computer does not recognize my sound card at all..I have all my drivers installed..It does not show up in Direct X..I cant play a lot of the games I have on here, and Media Player does not play at all.I can play CD's with Windows CD player, but I cant even open Media Player. I have normal sound with a few programs, but opening some sound files, causes my computer to completely freeze up.It keeps saying " no sound card installed.." Its on the board, so could you help me reinstall the drivers,or something..Help..

2. Jeerajat

Jeerajat

OK first off all u will need to check ur BIOS through thoroughly and make sure the setting are exactly the same is they were before. Make sure its enabled in the Bios

3. terrijo43

terrijo43 Thread Starter

How can I check my bios settings if F2 is not responding on startup..? Please help..!
    Thanks in advance..
    Terri

4. Jtoast

Jtoast

if a bios flash caused the problem, try rolling the bios back to the previous version.

What problem were you initially trying to solve with the bios flash?

Never flash a bios without a specific reason/problem fix in mind for this very reason.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/116817

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice