Sound card issue

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ShinKDash

Hi, recently my laptop's sound card has been making a really strange crackling noise and I don't know what to do. It is a Conexant AC-Link Audio card. I've updated the drivers with Windows new update for it and it didn't help, thus I speculate what could be causing it. These are the two things which I think could be causing the card to make the noise (I know it isn't the speaker as I plugged in other speakers and they also had the noise). I've also disabled and re-enabled the card and Device Manager isn't coming up with any issues.

- When I went through airport security last week, when the laptop had to go through the bag check thing, it caused it as the laptop was on standby (the lid closed)

OR

- The people I am visiting have new phones and I am thinking they could be setting it off too.

Any help would be appreciated as I don't know what to do.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online