1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sound card issues

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by TerryArty, Dec 9, 2019.

1. TerryArty

TerryArty Thread Starter

Hi Guys.

I've recently bought a new PC from E-Bay, despite me being quite specific with the seller he still made a school boy error and sent me a system which had an unsuitable sound card for my sound system Logitec Z550.

He sent me a replacement sound card but this too had no inputs for my speakers. As the system in all other respects was excellent and a bargain I kept it and suffered the poor sound from my speakers.

But it's driving me nuts and so I'm thinking of buying an external USB sound card.

I used to run my speakers through an optical cable & want to be able to do this again. Looking online I've seen CREATIVE SOUNDBLASTERX G6 HI-RES GAMING DAC AND USB SOUND CARD (PC/PS4/XBOX/SWITCH) : SC-107-CL. These are quite expensive, but my music's everything to me & considering I bought the PC at a good price I don't mind paying for them, if they will do the job and do it well?

Any advice appreciated - Oh and I'm no PC expert so baby language please :eek:)

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

I checked the specs on your speaker system and it will connect using standard plugs or connectors. If you really, really have to have the digital type connection, then you are going to need a real sound card like this one that has digital out;
    https://www.newegg.com/creative-sound-blaster-z-30sb150200000/p/N82E16829102053

FWIW I would go with a sound card that plugs into the pci-e bus like the one above rather than usb however up to you.

bassfisher6522 likes this.
  3. lynx1021

lynx1021

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1236859

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice