1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sound card issues! :(

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by aneaniel, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aneaniel

aneaniel Thread Starter

I recently reformatted my computer, because it was overloaded with trojans and junk :( Never let a little brother ont he computer!

Anyway, because of this recent reformat, I am not sure what is wrong with my computer's sound card! It says it cannot be found :(. I don't know what brand it is, because this computer was bought a long time ago by my grandmother.

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

You need to relaod the drivers.

If you do not know what the hardware is, download and run the free version of Belarc Advisor, it should identify the device.

Its quite probable that its not a card at all but on-board sound, which means the motherboard chipset drivers are needed.

3. Mosquito555

Mosquito555

Well as long as you don't know the model you should check those things:

-Reffer to your computer's documentation and support/driver cd roms. You should propably figure out what model is your sound card. Then you have to install the correct driver and things will hopefully start working.

-If you don't find anything you have to open the case of your PC and look around...Check all the expansion PCI cards. What are their names? If you locate the sound card then you can download drivers for it if you don't have them. If you cannot find a sound card you may have an onboard one, integrated into the mainboard. In that case you must find the model and make of the mainboard so you can download the correct drivers.

-I agree with your little bro theory - same experience here;)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/590711

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice