1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sound card makes my computer reboot

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by indyt76, Jan 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. indyt76

indyt76 Thread Starter

Every time I use my sound card, It makes my computer reboot. Right now I have it disabled in windows device manager so the computer is running fine. As soon as I enable it , the first time i use sound or something like the screen saver kicks in the computer reboots by its self. The sound card in a PCI card called Muse XL by hurcules. I dont know if this is and irq conflict or something else but i dont know how to find out either

2. brianF

brianF

Something easy to try first, move the sound card to a differnt pci slot from the one it's in. that should force it to use another irq

to view irq usage go to start/run/type msinfo32 and press enter, left hand frame, choose hardware environment, choose irq's. You will see the irq's usage listed in the right hand column.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/64518

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice