1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sound card needed? Which one?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Tom0822, Nov 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom0822

Tom0822 Thread Starter

First of all, I'm new here. Hello all.
    Secondly, I did search, but they all come shy of what I'm asking. All sound card recommendation threads I found are for gamers. If not hardcore, then they're part time PC gamers.

Anyways...
    I'm currently using onboard sound and I just picked up a set of Bose Companion 3's (2.1) speakers for my PC.
    I'm pretty sure buying a card rather than using onboard will greatly improve the sound quality.

I will NOT be doing any gaming on my PC. 70 % usage for music and 30% on video files (wmv, avi etc...).
    I want to keep the spending amount minimal, so I have my eyes set on the Audigy SE. For what I'm using it for, should I just stick with the onboard or will the Audigy make any difference at all? Any other ones you recommend?

I don't need all the bells and whistles that the higher end cards come with since they're mainly aimed for gaiming and probably DVD playback. All my gaming is done on a PS3 and movies are done with my home theatre system. Remember, audio on this PC is just for music and video file playback. Hence, that's why I just went with a 2.1 setup.

TIA.

2. frankjohn

frankjohn

I have used Creative Labs and have no Pblms , Speakers play a big roll [meaning sound quality] Go to new egg.com & you can check out under sound cards ect

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/649483

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice