1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sound card, no sound coming out

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by creamesoda, Dec 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. creamesoda

creamesoda Thread Starter

Okay I have a Audigy sound blaster and an onboard sound for my PC. I've installed and reinstalled my Audigy sound card, no sound emitting from the card. I switch to onboard sound and I try a "test hardware" on the sound features. It shows on the audio monitor that there is sound for output but I get none. My speakers work fine and I even tried a pair of headphones to test the sound. This happened to me recently, my sound just stopped all of the sudden while listening to music. Since then there is no sound. I've tried everything, from disabling the onboard to reinstalling and installing drivers. ANYONE have any tips???

2. DerekC

DerekC

Did you try the usual steps? Double-clicking the speaker icon in the system tray, and making sure nothing is muted and all the sliders are high?

Go into Control panel, then sounds and audio devices. Click the audio tab, check the Default device setting, make sure your card is selected.

3. creamesoda

Yep. That was the first thing I tried. Didn't work.

4. creamesoda

So I read a post on a forum somewhere and I found that it could be my motherboard's ports. Could this be a possibility? Anyone?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/783693

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice