sound card not working - VISTA

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jason_albert

sound card was working fine in windows Xp now am not able to hear any sound in VISA
even thought the drivers have been installed.

You sure they are the correct driver for your video card? post the card specs here and a link to the driver you installed

crjdriver

I put this in the vista forum; you will get more response.

Was this an upgrade or did you clean install vista?

If you have realtek onboard sound, there was a new driver released last week that corrects some problems.

I had a similar problem with my A8n32-sli, I ended up going to device manager and right mouse clicking on all the question marks and selecting update driver(whilst online) and voila it picked up all the drivers except my mpu-401 and the game port(I don't use them anyway).

I could then select 4 speakers as well and it now works perfectly.

I have also installed the new realtek drivers now... no real difference from the RTM drivers.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online