1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sound Card/PCI Network Adapter not detected

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by B-Subs-Me, Oct 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. B-Subs-Me

B-Subs-Me Thread Starter

Hi, I recently reformatted my other computer which is a dell xps400. Dell didn't give me the OS disc, so I had to request it from them. Along with it came a resource CD that has a drivers and diagnostics for all their computers. I installed every Driver they listed for my computer, but right now it's just a mess, and I'm going to just reformat it again, but this time I want to know what I'm doing before I do it.

Anyway, I can't install my sound card driver because the card is not being detected. My linksys PCI adapter isn't being detected either, however my Radeon 3850 HD is.

I just want a simple list of drivers that are necessary for my computer to function properly. The problem with this is that some of Dell's parts are custom made, and I can't look up my specs. Dell only keeps record of your past purchases for two years, and I bought the pc more than 2 years ago. So, can someone please give me a simple list of drivers that need to be installed/advice on what to do after I reformat?

-Thanks

2. B-Subs-Me

B-Subs-Me Thread Starter

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/756184

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice