1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sound card present but uninstalled

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Oriel, Oct 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Oriel

Oriel Thread Starter

Hi,
    I have a fairly new Evesham desktop running windows XP. It has a sound card built in and a set of speakers plugged in a nd ready to go. I recieve error messages when i try and play any audio files / cd's etc etc saying that there is no sound card installed. i have no printed literature / instructions about the sound system and the troubleshooter on windows is no use. please can someone help??
    thanks a lot

2. Krall

Krall

Do you know what type of sound card is in the computer?
    I never heard of Evesham (isnt it a place in england) but do they have a website maybe you could go and look at the specs on your pc?

3. Krall

Krall

4. Oriel

Oriel Thread Starter

I am have tried to find the specs for my computer on that website and i think the sound card is a Sound Blaster compatible 6 channel audio - not 100% sure though as i cant find the exact model on the website.

5. Oriel

Oriel Thread Starter

what would this soundcard look like from the outside? or is it hidden inside?
    Excuse the complete lack of computer knowledge and thanks for your help.

6. dai

dai

go into the bios and make sure it is enabled,go into the device manager and check for yellow marks along side click on it and bring up the properties check the drivers are loaded,if there are yellow marks it will also tell you what is wrong

7. Krall

Krall

We may be able to help you more if you provide us with the model number of the pc ((is it axis, revolution, ect....)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/169229

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice