1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sound Card Problem...BIG Time

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mixx941, Sep 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mixx941

mixx941 Thread Starter

Hello everybody. Last night I was doing a HUGE event on my 2 internet radio stations welcoming my 2nd and newest station, and it was simulcast on both stations.

I had another DJ from somewhere else in the world broadcasting which was linked to my main mixing console from another computer I use only for that purpose.

Then the output of my mixing console goes into the Line Input of the computer that runs special DJ software with my Sound Blaster Augidy 2 Platinum card.

This method has worked for me for years, but ever since I got my Augidy 2 Platinum, wierd things have been happening whenever I try to broadcast.

1) I notice if I have yahoo messenger open when I open up the DJ software, the line input signal is totally choppy and unrecognizable. Then sometimes it sounds like a chipmunk with a very elevated pitch.

So, back to me explaining the issue. Last night I left the stream on my brand new station because the DJ wanted to go all night. It was all going well for the 30-45 minutes I was relaxing to a little television/reading, but then this morning when I head into the studio I hear dead air. I assume he disconnected his server and I lost his feed, which happened....but what also happened was the real fast tempo/pitch thing that this Audigy 2 Platinum does.

I try to put on a record to fill some space, and all I hear when monitoring the LIVE AIR feed (from the line out on the computer) is the fast, chipmunk sounding version of what I was playing...no pitch settings were incorrect because it was 100% locked on my turntables.

So, my question here is if anyone has any ideas why all this is happening with my SB Audigy 2 Platinum? I know installing it was a real pain in the neck, took many calls to Creative, and then they finally said install DirectX9, but that was BETA then (I think).

My DirectX Version is: 9.0. If I think of anything else, I'll edit it in because i'm not totally awake yet. :D

-Mark

2. zeddy

zeddy

Try dx 9.0b the latest version (not beta)

3. mixx941

mixx941 Thread Starter

I was thinking of that, but what if I have a whole bunch of other problems? Is there a way to revert back?

Would System Restore in XP do it?

-Mark

4. mixx941

mixx941 Thread Starter

I updated to DX 9 and so far no problems...but the problem is still there.

I hear the real fast speed whenever yahoo is open and I'm set to broadcast from the line input!

Any other thoughts?

-Mark

5. mixx941

mixx941 Thread Starter

Hey everybody. Here is the latest problem.

I left the remote DJ on last night coming from my sound card's line input into the program and nothing else was running, and I come here this morning and everything was really sped up like 10 times. I got on the mic and my voice was sped up just like the rest of the line input.

So, I guess the Direct X upgrade didnt work.

Any other ideas?

-Mark

6. ChuckG

ChuckG

Mark- Just a guess.

Do you have a VIA chipset on your motherboard? If you do, go to the VIA website and download and install the latest 4 in 1 drivers. I know that some people have problems with the VIA...Creative combination.

7. mixx941

mixx941 Thread Starter

Yes, I do have a VIA chipset. I have heard about these types of problems in the past, but I thought I updated back when I first started having problems with my card when I got it.

I will go update the 4 in 1 drivers now...

The VIA website says this:

Since I'm using a GIGABYTE GA-7DXR+ motherboard, which has a VIA southbridge and AMD northbridge, I guess I'll update from GIGABYTE's website?

Here is GigaBytes page for my mobo drivers:

http://www.giga-byte.com/Motherboard/Support/Driver/Driver_GA-7DXR+.htm

I would assume you are referring to the top "Chipset Driver" but it doesn't say WinXP in there anywhere...just 95/98/ME/NT/2000. They dont list a version or date or OS for the chipset driver :rolleyes:

-Mark

8. mixx941

mixx941 Thread Starter

Well, I ended up updating my SOund Blaster AUdigy 2 Drivers and it didnt solve the issue. But now, a week later when I try to burn a CD using Nero it freezes up EVERYTIME i click "Write CD".

I did make a system restore point before I updated the drivers, but if I restore to that will all the files I have modified/created in the past week be gone?

-Mark

9. mixx941

mixx941 Thread Starter

Just so people know exactly what I am talking about, I cought it doing it tonight when just playing mp3s off my computer...not even the line input!

I recorded it and made a RealMedia file out of it.

You can listen to it here in Real Streaming Audio.

-Mark

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/166123

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice