1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sound Card Problem On Dell Xps T550

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rizzoku, Jan 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rizzoku

rizzoku Thread Starter

I reloaded windows 98 on my DELL DIMENSION XPS T550, It's an old one. Anyways, the sound doesn't work, In the systen properties it says that it can't find the drivers for the multimedia, I have no Idea what kind of sound card is in my computer, since this isn't my original computer, is there a way to find out? I just really want SOUND and I don't know how to get the right drivers, I've tried many so far but I don't know the specific one for this computer. What I see when I go to Device Manager, there is no sound tab, but there is a section labled Other Devices, I have a couple, communication device, inkjet printer device, and then PCI MULTIMEDIA AUDIO DEVICE, all three of these have Big YELLOW Question marks ? But yeah, it's screwed please help with anymore info or any other drivers, I have no Idea what sound card this comp has, I got it from someone else. THANKS

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

3. rizzoku

rizzoku Thread Starter

Yeah I saw that one and downloaded it, but it's just like a music player, unless I'm not downloading it right or looking at it right, I don't know.

4. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Download Everest Home Edition
    http://www.snapfiles.com/get/everest.html

It should identify your sound card.

Sorry I can't comment on the other driver, I certainly cannot download and install it to see, as it's the wrong driver for me.

5. cavtek

cavtek

6. Paladin-X

Paladin-X

The easiest way of determining what card you have would probably be to call dell, give them your service tag, and ask what sound card you have in the machine.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/322464

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice