Sound card problem when connected to hub

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mcgradz

Hi,
I recently purchased a Belkin USB 2.0 7port hub for my laptop. I have a Creative Sound Blaster USB (about 2 years old) which works fine when plugged directly into my Belkin PCMIA USB 2.0 Card, but whenever I plug it into the hub it comes up with an error. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing the card to no avail, but theres still two "USB Audio" icons with exclamation marks beside them in device manager. There is no power issue as the hub is self-powered. There is no resource tab in properties to check if there's a conflict. It could be my lack of processor speed, but it works fine when plugged directly into the laptop's USB or the PCMIA card. Any ideas would be much appreciated.
Rory

Compaq Armada 1700
266mhz
160mb RAM
20GB IBM HDD
Belkin USB 2.0 7 Port Hub
Belkin PCMIA 2 Port USB 2.0 Card
Creative Sound Blaster USB

Some USB devices will not work on a hub, some require a controller port.

It's to do with USB enumeration, unsure if this affects your USB audio card/USB hub but your description of the problem tends to fit.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online