Sound Card Problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

inventoryisfull

"Plug in USB, sound card goes nuts Problem description: At any given time, I'm using my keboard, mouse, and USB soundcard (Icemat) with no problem. I decided to use my Logitech USB Game Pad the other day, but apparently my sound card(?), or some other USB issue, makes my sound go crazy upon plug-in of any other USB device. Specifically, everything goes very static-robot-voice-like. I've tried with my WACOM tablet and the game pad, both have the same result.

Attempted fixes:
I've googled everything I can think of. I've tried searching for similar problems with Icemat devices, but all I find are CS kiddies who get random sound acceleration (which I've had before as well). I was thinking about tooling around with USB drivers or something, but I don't have enough knowledge / confidence to go tooling around with drivers for hardware attached to my motherboard. The only thing that fixes it is to unplug the new device, restart the PC, and pretend I didn't want to play that game or draw that picture anyway, so there.

Recent changes: I've made no changes to my PC recently that would cause this, as far as I know.

--

Operating system: Windows XP Pro
System specs:
Motherboard
ASUSTeK Computer INC.
M2N-SLI DELUXE
Socket AM2
CPU
One Physical Processor / 2 Cores
AMD Athlon 64 X2 6400+ (Windsor)
Socket AM2
3.2GHz Dual Core
RAM
4 sticks of 1gig DDR2 800MHz (G.Skill)
Video Card
Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT 256MB PCI-E (overclocked slightly from factory)
HDD
Western Digital Raptor 10k RPM 140GB SATA
Sound Card
C-Media USB Sound Device, specifically Icemat USB soundcard."

This is a re-post of an old thread, i have the same problem when i plug in my xbox 360 controller.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online