1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

sound card problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Rattler3, Oct 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rattler3

Rattler3 Thread Starter

I am working on a Compaq Presairo 5360. I have installed a new sound card, but I cannot get any sound from any software player ( real player, live365, etc.) I can play a cd and get beautiful music.
    I have updated the drivers for the sound card ( Creative SB Live! 5.1) and still have nothing. The end result is to be able to play music from live365 without a problem. Thank you.

2. bowmar

bowmar

Open sound volume properties box and check that it is pointing to the new card not the old one. If possible uninstall previous driver !

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/173342

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice