1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

sound card problems.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by brianhpt, Jul 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brianhpt

brianhpt Thread Starter

I accidently forced a 2000/XP driver onto my ME system. At startup, I got a protection error, so I deleted all the registry entries I could find and the sound card entry from the device manager in safe mode. Since then nothing can find the audio device even though it's in the device manager and says its working fine. All my audio programs say they can't find it or it's already in use. I tried reinstalling the correct drivers but none of them seem to work, and many of them say they don't detect a sound card. I've tried everything, reinstalled windows, many different drivers, reinstalled the sound card in a new slot, even went out and bought a different sound card which has the same problems. I started out with a Sound Blaster Live! 24-bit and now have a Sound Blaster Audigy. Winamp gives me some error message about how the device ID used is out of the range of the system. The problem is in windows because the sound works fine on my XP boot of the system. PLEASE HELP. :(

2. Rumpo-Stiltskin

Rumpo-Stiltskin

I would post an enquiry in the TSG Windows 9x forum about how to restore/repair your registry.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/485998

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice