sound card problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cybergum

I got a new sound card not too long ago after my old one died from frequent mp3 playing....but now whenever I load DOS programs from Win 95 the volume maxes out and I have to pull out the speakers. Any suggestions?

Max19

Account Disabled
I'm really interested to hear how your other sound card died from frequent MP3 playing. That simply isn't possible.

Yea...those moving parts in there do wear out from excessive play! There is probably a setting in one of the DOS evironment variables in your autoecec.bat or config.sys file that load at Windows startup. Run sysedit and see what is loading.

cybergum

ok I ran sysedit and this is what I got for them:
autoexec.bat was completely blank.
config was also blank.

Should there be something there?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online