Sound Card Purchase Help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

stryker23

I need to buy a sound card for a family member, but I'm not really sure what to get for their needs. They are mostly going to use it for music and maybe movies. Definitely not a gamer. They have a 5.1 surround sound speaker system, and the only reason they need a card is because the onboard sound does not support it. It is a newer computer though, a compaq. Sorry I can't remember the model of it or the speakers. I do know the speakers are logitech. I just need some some suggestions on a reasonably priced card that will playback exceptionally nice music through the 5.1 surround sound speaker system.

Thanks in Advance....

stryker23

Triple6 said:
Or if you want something cheaper then a Live! 24bit is about half the price: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16829102176
Yes, this is around the price they want to spend. I was looking at it before but couldn't decide but since you suggest it I think i will go with it.

As for the audigy 2 I was really leaning towards it when they had the rebate on it that made it like 30 or something with shipping, but i waited to long and now the rebate offer has expired.

Thanks for the suggestions....

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts