1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sound card recording issues

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Kamanda, Jan 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Kamanda

Kamanda Thread Starter

Alright I have a problem with my sound card (integrated into my motherboard) and I need help! Below is my problem as I described it to a firend, if u need it more formally I can do that as well but its easier to copy and paste then to type it all out again:

first off, playback works FINE and recording when thats all your doing is FINE. the problem is when your recording and playing something back at the same time.
    ok, so lets say im using adobe audition...no wait the stock sound recorder that comes with windows! (because everyne has it and is familir with it) ok...so lets say i want to record myself singing over metallicas seek and destroy. so i open up windows media player and the sound recorder, put on headphones so the origional song doesnt bleed through the mic...now when i press play on WMP...
    and record on the sound recorder is records the song im playing back perfectly....which is stupid! and even if thats not enough u can BARELY hear what you recorded over it (i stress barely as u cant hear it like at all)... so basically it wont let me record and play something back at the same time because it just records what is being played back! and it never did this before and i need it not to do this so i can do multitrack recording.

Thanks in advance.

2. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

Sounds like you need to turn you wave recording level down and the Micophone level up.

Attached Files:

3. Kamanda

Kamanda Thread Starter

thanks man, well It just all of a sudden worked...thats computers for ya!, although I'll keep that inmind for the furture! Thanks.

4. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

Wonder if it wasn't Audition's fault. ?
    I've started using the freeware Audacity instead.
    Does everything I need and is simplier.
    http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

5. Kamanda

Kamanda Thread Starter

I used the sound recorder that came with windows and it did the same.

6. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

Kamanda ... You really need to look into Audacity.
    http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
    It's much better than what Windows supplies ... and it's free.
    It's also a favorite here at TSG.

7. Kamanda

Kamanda Thread Starter

No, its not just audition. I tried that, I tested it with "sound recorder" and it did the same. It seems fine now so we'll see!

8. Kamanda

Kamanda Thread Starter

Sorry about the double post, but I'll look into it and dont worry im not using the wondows one to record!!! I just tested to see if it was doing the same thing. Now could I record from Line-in and Mic-in at the same time somehow?

9. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

Never tried that - but I'm sure you can.
    You just have to setup the record and playback properties (and levels) in the volume control.

Attached Files:

10. Kamanda

Kamanda Thread Starter

Thanks, youve been a great help.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/435762

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice