Sound Card Trouble

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ttony

I have recently installed a pcchips motherboard with a sis735 chipset and onboard sound the sound doesnt work.Has a yellow exclamation by it in device manager.When I try to install the driver I get a msg that the name is already in use as either a service name or a display name.Im running Winxp.Any ideas?It wont take the driver and yes it is supposed to be xp compatible.

my advice would to go buy a cheap Sound Blaster 16 PCI and disable sound on your mother board and don't beat yourself up over it ....

My brother also has onboard sound and when he starts his comp the sound crackles, and works all gay like. Then I go into device manager disable, then enable the drivers and then it works. Maybe at least it seems like that but maybe actually I'm doing something else. Not sure. It sucks though.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online