1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

sound card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by urs, Jan 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. urs

urs Thread Starter

hello
    i have no knowldge when it comes to hardware
    so if u find my question silly so plzz dont laugh at me :)

some1 told me that some pc's have onboard sound card
    so i want to know how do i come 2 know if my pc is having an onboard sound card or not
    thanx

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Take a look at the back of the computer.......where do the speakers plug into? Near the mouse, keyboard, etc.? Of further away in a longer narrow slot?

3. urs

urs Thread Starter

just above the mouse there is a small
    black slot there goes the speakers plug
    but what does this mean?

4. ~Candy~

That would mean you have onboard sound....it's built into the motherboard, it's not a separate sound card, i.e. a Soundblaster card, etc.

5. urs

urs Thread Starter

thanx a lot
    this means that i have to install the sound driver from my motherboard cd. right!!! it install Crystal Audio
    if i dont not install from the motherboard cd and let windows detect it the driver that windows installs is not supported i mean i dont get the sound
    actually i wanted 2 know can i install an another driver for this inbuild sound card?????????

6. ~Candy~

I think that's been answered for you before ;) The answer hasn't changed...it doesn't matter whether you have onboard sound or an add-in card....you MUST use the sound drivers for THAT sound card.....period, end of statement, do not pass go, do not collect any money ;)

Did I make that clear :)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/114477

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice