sound card

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

urs

hello
i have no knowldge when it comes to hardware
so if u find my question silly so plzz dont laugh at me :)

some1 told me that some pc's have onboard sound card
so i want to know how do i come 2 know if my pc is having an onboard sound card or not
thanx

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Take a look at the back of the computer.......where do the speakers plug into? Near the mouse, keyboard, etc.? Of further away in a longer narrow slot?

urs

just above the mouse there is a small
black slot there goes the speakers plug
but what does this mean?

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
That would mean you have onboard sound....it's built into the motherboard, it's not a separate sound card, i.e. a Soundblaster card, etc.

urs

thanx a lot
this means that i have to install the sound driver from my motherboard cd. right!!! it install Crystal Audio
if i dont not install from the motherboard cd and let windows detect it the driver that windows installs is not supported i mean i dont get the sound
actually i wanted 2 know can i install an another driver for this inbuild sound card?????????

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
I think that's been answered for you before ;) The answer hasn't changed...it doesn't matter whether you have onboard sound or an add-in card....you MUST use the sound drivers for THAT sound card.....period, end of statement, do not pass go, do not collect any money ;)

Did I make that clear :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online