1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

sound card?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by gzamba1, Oct 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gzamba1

gzamba1 Thread Starter

Not sure what happened but I can't get any sound from my computer. I have sound card and it has worked before. I'm not sure if I deleted a file or something but do you have any ideas what may have caused this? Some of the files that could not be found were 'cmaudio.cat' and 'cmmpu.exe'. It asked me to put in 98 cd rom but still could not find.

2. RSM123

RSM123

Can you go into Start > Settings > Control Panel > System > Hardware > click Device Manager - then click Sound and look for any red or yellow marks ... either ! or ?

Also what sound setup have you got ? Is it a dedicated s/card or a sound controller on the motherboard ? And in the event you need it, do you still have the appropriate CD to reinstal sound drivers ?

If you post back with what you find in Device Manager, could you also include info on your particular soundcard and your motherboard. That way someone here can suggest a way to resolve this - and if necessary help locate drivers online if you no longer have the CD.

3. gzamba1

gzamba1 Thread Starter

No red or yellow in device manager. Has three different items listed: pci audio device, gameport joystick and wave device for voice modem. I think the sound system that was built with this system is 'HRTF 3D'. it supports both direct sound 3D and A3. It did come with a System Board cd rom pc100, v7.3b1. Can I reinstall the sound card thru the cd?

4. mobo

mobo

Yes you can try reinstalling the drivers. It won't hurt anything , as well check the system volume and make certain the speakers are plugged in correctly and powered on.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/171401

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice