1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

sound card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kimmber72, Apr 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kimmber72

kimmber72 Thread Starter

We have an older computer Compaq p50 and it has windows 98 i was wondering if i can download a sound card for this system or if you could give me some info on how to get sound to this system thanks

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

I'll move you to hardware. I hope I am assuming you mean download sound card drivers, right? Because a sound card is a piece of hardware and they haven't quite figured out how to make them downloadable yet ;)

3. kimmber72

kimmber72 Thread Starter

Thanks aca candy how do i determine what is compatiabke with my system and do you recommed any specific like i said it is an older computer an i dont want to put alot of money into it just fixing it up for my teenager to use. thanks fro your info and sending me were i needed to be.........

4. ~Candy~

Can you double check the model number, I believe what you posted is from the monitor.

5. kimmber72

kimmber72 Thread Starter

Fountian an intel inside pentium processor designed for micro windows and the serial number from th back is 7001593738 next to the serial number is another #ftnd5233mt1 not really sure which is model number

6. ~Candy~

Is this a U.S. unit?

You should have somewhere in programs, a system credential program that will give you the correct information.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/221904

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice