sound card

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

robo

I reformatted a computer and cannot get the cd to play. The sound works when the computer boots up and all the sounds it makes but I mistakenly installed a different driver for the sound card and when I remove it and then reboot the computer, the computer detects it somehow and reloads the drivers for that card. When I load the correct one it shows an error and will not work. Any suggestions on how to correct the problem?
Thanks, robo

Styxx

Banned
Formatting and re-installing a Win98 or higher OS will not stop the CD from playing.

The sound card installation has more variables. You'd have to put your computer into SafeMode; Right-click My Computer; Choose Properties; Click the Device Manager tab; Click the plus sign beside Sound, Video and Game controllers; remove all entries under Sound video and game controllers (for add-ons with no on-bvoard sound) (on-board sound is handled by not removing all the contents but choosing properties and checking the box of the sound controller(s) so the device does not exist in the hardware profile); Shut the computer straight down via the start button; remove any add-on periferal sound card you installed the restart. Then back at deskyop disable the on-board sound, if any, then shutdown and commence the installation process again.

Consult the sound card installation manual and/or contact the sound card maker's technical support for more detailed instructions.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online