Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

sound cat-astrophe

608 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  cwwozniak 
#1 ·
Last night our cat jumped on the keyboard and deactivated the sound on the dvd player. I can not figure out how to turn it back on. I have tried a reboot and a hard reboot. I have checked the speakers and they work okay. It is not just the mute key either, as I have checked that also. Please help.

#2 ·
Hi BabaLooey, and welcome to TSG.

It would probably help us a lot to help you if you told us your computer's operating system and exactly what DVD player software you are using.

Is the sound only missing for the DVD player or for other things as well, such as system sounds, game programs, and playing music or watching a video with your web browser?

#3 ·
I have an HP desktop with windows 10. The dvd player is the one that came with it. Yes, it is only the sound for the dvd player that is missing. I am listening to music on youtube at the moment, so the speakers are working fine with that. Also every other thing I have tried them on. Web browser - I am currently using Opera, but also have Microsoft edge. Is there any other info I can provide that may help give a clue? (HP 22uh LED Backlit Monitor) (That mean anything?)

#4 ·
I don't think we will need any more information for now. I don't have any immediate suggestions as I am not running Windows 10 on any computers at home or work and not familiar with its included DVD Player software. Iwill need to investigate further and should be abck later today. In the mean time, some other member is more than welcome to join in with possible solutions.

One suggestion came to mind. See if you can pull up an audio mixer control panel in Windows 10, rather than just the simple volume control. It may be possible that the mixer panel has the DVD player audio muted or turned down low.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.