1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Sound coming from back of bought today refurbished computer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Nityananda817, Jan 9, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. Nityananda817

Nityananda817 Thread Starter

Hi I'm new to this. I bought a Dell Optiplex (Intel Core 2 Duo 2.9Ghz Processor, 1TB HDD, 8GB RAM, Windows 10 Home x64) I love this computer works great only trouble is there's a subtle kind of loud sound coming from back sort of like someone drilling down the street it's really annoying. I did some research and this issue can be resolved without repair work if it's not a hard drive placement issue. Can someone please help?? I have used computers alot but never been technician.
    Thanks
    Om Namah Shivaya
    T.O.P.

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Could be a case fan that's noisy or catching on something, or possibly the power supply fan.

If necessary open the case and try to find out exactly where the sound is coming from.

If you tell us the Service Tag or Express Service Code ( they should be on a label somewhere on the case) or the full model number we can look for a dismantling guide for it.

3. Nityananda817

Thanks for your quick response.
    As I said before this could be entirely like bios issue and not require any dismantling.... Maybe one of you if your into it can go remote access on my CPU and fix it IMG_20190109_220259629.jpg ..I don't think it's the fan I think it's either harddrive placement,hard drive, and/or bios. The computer just arrived today and it's fast n great but that sound it's like when you turn it on that first sound but my problem is that sound stays on.
    Included is picture of info you asked for
    Om Namah Shivaya
    T.o.p.

4. Nityananda817

Hard drive ???I mean it sounds like it's starting up over and over sort of.
    Om Namah Shivaya
    T.O.P.

5. Nityananda817

Sound is like what you hear like once a day but this won't stop.
    Om Namah Shivaya
    T.o.p.

6. mohittomar13

mohittomar13

First Name:
    Mohit Tomar
    I don't think that BIOS can cause such a loud noise, as it is not something that rotates, moves or slides against something. As far as i know remote access also wont fix anything. The only probable cause of this is either system fans or HDD. I highly recommend that you open the case and try to find the source of the noise.
    I hope this helps.

Om Namah Sivaye

7. Nityananda817

Cool will check it out.....You know how computer makes a sound like every few hours n makes a sound for a few minutes??? well it's like that constant I initially thought it was the set up sound but it never leaves. I will check it out open it up and respond tomorrow.
    Om Namah Shivaya
    T.o.p.

8. Nityananda817

Okay I took this to repairman he did alot of scans and found the hard drive was messed up got new hard drive and he installed it. It is amazing now there's no sound whatsoever and it's really fast.
    it's good to get some clarity on what creates this problem as I've seen a few computers with this issue.
    Thanks for your help guys!!!
    Om Namah Shivaya
    T.O.P.

9. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Glad you fixed it. :)

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1221645

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice