1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sound Connections setting up my PC

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by AD1965, Jan 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. AD1965

AD1965 Thread Starter

Can I ask an extemely simplistic question. At the back of my processor how do I connect up my sound ( I have green connectors but unsure what goes where). My flatscreen has built in speakers but I'm not sure how to achieve sound....

I had sound but then I went and moved house and am scratching my head as to how to achieve this basic feature..

Advise for a technophobe or a link to a beginners site (I've looked honest) greatly appreciated ..

2. norton850

norton850

How many plugs do you have that come from the monitor and are they colored?

3. AD1965

AD1965 Thread Starter

Hi Norton I have a lead with green connections is that what you mean? ! I have another small black lead but unsure whether this is needed.... I know this should be obvious but I've tried all the permutations I can think of but it's just not interested.. Mute is not on I've checked.

Thanks

4. norton850

norton850

Most sound imputs on the sound card (back of processor) are often color coded also. So if you've done green to green or definitely plugged it into the speaker jack then there is another problem. Does the black jack look the same as the green one? What is the make and model of the monitor?

5. AD1965

AD1965 Thread Starter

Eureka it's working not quite sure how or why or if there may be an intermittent problem. Thankyou for taking the time to post some advise in the meantime... Fingers crossed it continues to work...

6. norton850

norton850

Fingers crossed.

Problems that have been solved have the "Solved:" text in front of the title so that other users can easily see that a solution exists in that thread. With the exception of Moderators, only the user who started the thread may mark it solved. To do so, choose "Thread Tools" just above the first post of the thread. Then, choose "Mark Thread Solved."

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/537084

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice