Sound Control

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

XR8D2K

I must have deleted something that has to do with sound & volume control... I can not use my mic either... I went into ctrl panel, then go to sounds & devices, then click on volume control, but I get a windows message saying that the volume control program is not installed and to go to add/rem programs, which seems, I can not install or select ANYTHING about sounds...

WHAT GIVES & WHAT CAN I DO... besides reloading WinXP...???

Cheeseball81

Retired Moderator
Windows cannot display the volume control on the taskbar because the Volume Control program has not been installed. To install it use Add/Remove
Programs in Control Panel.

To resolve this issue, extract a new copy of Sndvol32.exe from the Windows
XP CD to the system_root \System32 folder on your computer's hard disk. To
do this, follow these steps:

Start/Run/CMD. In the command prompt window type:

X: (where X is your CD Drive letter)
CD \I386

Then use the expand command:
expand -r sndvol32.ex_ c:\windows\system32

Note: This assumes XP is installed on C: and that its installed in the
Windows folder. If not, you'll need to adjust the command accordingly.
Additionally, this must be an installable version of XP, not a "recovery
CD".

Got this from: http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_v.htm#volume

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online