Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sound crackling, bad quality (onbored sound)

884 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  ReNxWar 
#1 ·
My motherboard is a PCCHIPS M848LU V1.2 http://www.pcchipsusa.com/prod-m848lu.asp and the onboard sound is a C-Media AC97 (I don't know the exacts of it, but I think I can find out) It has up-to-date drivers

I just bought this comp from maincomp.com, its an AMD Athlon XP2600+, maxtor 30gig 7200rpm hd, 128mb ddr pc2100 ram (512 PC2700, whenever it gets here...) nvidia 128mb geforce4mx440, Windows XP Professional SP1a, 52x24x52x cd-rw..onboard NIC, onboard sound.

Anyway, whenever I play *most* (I say most because a few mp3s either from winamp radiostations or mp3s on my harddrive dont crack, but the sound quality is still alittle bad) it cracks some-what badly, some worse than others.. I've tried reinstalling the drivers and messing around with the settings, no help...everythings brand-new, so think it might be defective, or an hardware conflict? Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
Well you could visit the PCCHIPS website and see if they have any updates for the Sound.

Also try another pair of speakers, could be bad speakers or a damaged cable/plug.

Thats a fairly nice machine, however you shouldn't have skimped on the motherboard - its one of the lowest end manufacturers of mobo's.

You may be better off by simple buying a PCI soundcard - I recommend a Creative Soundblaster - and disable the onboard sound. You'll get better quality sound and better performance in games.

#3 ·
Actually, it was a complete system with the exception of the 512 stick of ram, the os and the graphics card, so its on them when it comes to the mobo (maincomp.com). The drivers are already up to date, I checked before I posted. Its not the speakers, I've used them on my old computer (before I got this one) and they work like a charm. After I post this, I'm going to plug in a philips sonicedge 5.1 and see if it helps. It sucks though, onboard sound has a front mic jack which comes in handy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.