1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sound Crackling/Popping relative to system load

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Deimix, Oct 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deimix

Deimix Thread Starter

Hello there,
    ive got an Acer (AS5739g-874g50mn) with Realtek integrated onboard. Im experiencing some sound issues which are some.. static noises, popping, crackling (or whats the word) regardless of volume. The noise seems to be relevant to system load as moving a mouse or scrolling a webpage slide makes it a bit louder, also the noise can be clearly followed by hdd indicator or just adding a dvd.. (ofcourse its minimal and i cant hear it during music or any other activity but its still annoying once idle)

Once i had windows 7 32bit installed and old headset used to crackle the same way as new headphones does now on 64bit os, however old headset is working fine on 64bit now.. (completelly silent once idle unlike headphones).

Ive tested new headphones on cellphone and win xp 32bit (not this machine) and it is working fine there, it seems that issue is not within device.
    Headphones | Old headset

I tend to believe its a bad placed/isolated hardware issue as sound chip is very close to the main fan and gpu and maybe its just extended new headphones frequency range so i can hear it unlike the headset. (bonus freq: 10-20 & 20k-22k Hz) Is there some output software frequency limiter around, so i could test if thats the problem?

1 more note, be sure that no other software than fresh installed windows is making this issue as it happens just by installing 'default' windows drivers and the issue persists with all the specific Acer drivers installed from their driver downloads for the model.
    That said - issue seems to be non-software related..

Ive contacted quite a few techs already (including online Realtek) and they havent came back with any working solution already. Hoping i can get this fixed with your help guys.

Regards, D

PS. Tried to search for a solution here too but the issue is very often different, hard to describe and understand so thought posting a new one would be the best way.

2. Deimix

Deimix Thread Starter

So, no ideas of what else could cause this? I could think of many issues myself but basically all of them are hardware-based, hence needs the new parts.
    Any software-based fix scenarios would be most welcome!

D

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!