1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sound crackling...

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by oates151, Aug 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. oates151

oates151 Thread Starter

So here is my problem,

I just got a new Win XP Media Center PC with 2 gigs RAM, 360 GB HDD, ATI Radeon video card etc.. I usually don't have many app's open at a time, but when I began playing the Sims I started using more RAM. The Sims 2 takes up about 550 MB of my PC's RAM. The sound on the game's sound crackles when the game is loading or if I am zooming in/out, even when I am clicking on items and giving commands. I tried EA tech support, but I then realized that the same sound crackling happens when I have many app's open using over 600 MB of memory.

I am using a Plantronics Gamecom Pro headset (USB). I tested the sound using a pair of stereo phone jack headphones, but the same crackling still happened.

What could be the problem? I checked all my sound codecs and everything seems to be working normally there.

Thanks everyone!

-Pat

2. oates151

oates151 Thread Starter

anyone have any ideas on what could be wrong?

3. oates151

oates151 Thread Starter

reinstalled the PC's sound card driver and the plantronics one, still get the crackling.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/612653