1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sound Device

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by samsungfelix, Feb 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. samsungfelix

samsungfelix Thread Starter

Hello , hope someone out there will help me solve this problem , this is what i get now when i want to play music on my Laptop - SAMSUNG NX10.Microsoft windows XP.

" Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There might not be a sound device installed on your computer, it might be in use by another program, or it might not be functioning properly "

i thought i had to do with the speakers so i bought a new set of earphones , i am still haveing the same problem.

I pray someone will help tell me what to do to solve this problem.

Thanks

2. vicks

vicks

Hi and welcome to TSG forums.
    Does is show in the device manager, is there yellow ! or? there.
    vicks

3. samsungfelix

Its a pleasure reading from you , yes it shows yellow on the device manager

4. vicks

vicks

Okay,
    let's go back into the deivce manager, right click on the yellow, select properties>remove. Immediately reboot the computer and let Windows find and reinstall.
    Let us know how this goes.
    GOOD LUCK
    vicks

5. samsungfelix

It's always a pleasure reading from you , i just did exactly as explain in your mail and was already smilling when i got this massage on my screen , -

" Found New Hardware "

Then this massage came ,

" if my hardware came with an installation CD or floppy disk, insert it now " , then it went ahead to ask me what i wanted wizard to do for me , i clicked on the first botten and after a while , it said ,

" the hardware was not installed because the wizard can not find the necessary software "

i do not just know what to do , i am so confused .

i do not have any floppy disk or Cd , i just got the Laptop , do i need to get a CD or floppy disk for the sound device ?

Hope to read from you again

6. vicks

vicks

Can you please list the exact make and model of your computer? If it is a Dell, please include the Service tag number.
    This information will aid us in trying to solve this problem

Vicks

7. samsungfelix

its actually a samsung x10 laptop, i don't have any CD or Floppy disk , i bought it second handed ,the system is Microsoft windows XP m dont know if that will help .

8. samsungfelix

I have attached a picture of the Laptop so u can see , maybe it will be of help or some importance

Attached Files:

9. vicks

vicks

I am unable to find that number at the Samsung web site. Look on the bottom of the computer, there should be a model number and serial number. Please send those.
    Vicks

10. samsungfelix

Hope you are doing fine today , i also pray i am not making a fool of myself if this is not what you asked of , i just hope its what you asked ,

it reads : SN : 403800000571
    NX10RH08M2/SEG

Please don't laugh if its not what you asked .

Sincere Regards

11. vicks

vicks

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/982604

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice