Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

sound distorted and crackling

669 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  crjdriver 
#1 ·
I have a fujitsu siemens PC 2,4ghzPentium4 CPU. My sound is built in Realtek AC97 audio plus there is a MPU 40 compatible MIDI device. This problems has only recently started , very irritating to say the least. I have checked re drivers there seems to be a vast array so not suire which , if any , to install. I have logitech speakers and subwoofer which appears OK. Would welcome any suggestions. So called "geek" in local pub suggests installing sound card and switching oft builkt in audio set up Any views? Welcome suggestions/advice please. dave

#2 ·
That is a pretty old system; at least 3 generations of intel cpu. As to what is causing the problem, it can be a failing audio chip on the board, corrupted drivers, etc.

You can remove all audio drivers and install the driver from realtek and see if that helps.

I assume you have already checked speaker connections and tried the speakers on another system to see if it is a speaker problem or a problem with your system.

As for buying a sound card and disabling the onboard sound, that is fine however I would not be putting too much money into that old of a system. Do not buy one of the expensive creative sound cards; just get a basic one from newegg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.