1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sound doesn't fully work on new mobo...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Sabes, Jun 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabes

Sabes Thread Starter

I'm running an eMachines T1840 which worked great with the generic "Imperial" mobo it came with (SKU # MBEM2095IMPL look here) until it died a week ago. I replaced it with a Gigabyte 8I845GVM-RZ board that works perfectly fine except for the sound. On the Gigabyte board there are 2 separated pin spots to connect the audio cables (one for the front L, one for front R) but there's only one cable extending from the front that feeds the front audio. The cable says LR so I'm guessing it feeds both the left and right, but on the new mobo the pins are separated enough to where I can't plug the cable in both. Is there any way to get around this to feed sound to both sides, or am I just going to be stuck listening to mono sound for the rest of forever?

2. qldit

qldit

Good Evening Sabes, with some motherboard and cases they have matched pinouts to suit.
    Unless you can obtain or make a suitable adapter you won't be able to connect the front extensions.
    There shouldn't be any problem with the rears though.
    Can't you use them?
    qldit.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/474886

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice