Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sound doesn't work after install of win10 on boot camp iMac

493 views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  bootcamp1960 
#1 ·
Even though I Installed windows 10 on the same computer with absolutely no problems a year ago I now have sound issues when I reinstalled it (should have never removed it ! ) When I opened control panel and playback in sound , it says : DIGITAL OUTPUT- AMD HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO DEVICE NOT PLUGGED IN... I tried deleting drivers, restarting and updating but nothing works. Its odd because the sound still works perfectly on the Mac operating system.....Please help !!!

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 18363, Installed 20200605225232.000000-240
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4590 CPU @ 3.30GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3, CPU Count: 4
Total Physical RAM: 8 GB
Graphics Card: Microsoft Basic Display Adapter
Hard Drives: C: 466 GB (444 GB Free);
Motherboard: Apple Inc. Mac-42FD25EABCABB274, ver iMac15,1, s/n C0251340089FTPFAA
System: Apple Inc., ver APPLE - 0, s/n C02PJ0MHFY10
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

#3 ·
Internal speakers.. In playback it says : AMD High Definition Audio Device, Disabled, Unplugged
Also.... Headphones : High Definition Audio Device Not Plugged In
Yes, I did everything even deleting the drivers and restarting.. I think the drivers are wrong in the new update.. Is there anyway I can get the previous drivers that Microsoft had in the previous install from 2 years ago ? Or how can I find out the way the audio is set up on the mac side of the boot drive....Just thinking ....

#5 ·
Yes....I also went on apple website and someone said that the drivers weren't installed automatically and you have to install them from the boot camp drivers in the winpeddrivers folder.. I looked ,nothing again.. very frustrating
I don't know what company supplies the audio drivers, for example Realtek , cirrus , etc. i would just download it and install it...I tried Realtek didn't work.

#7 ·
Yes, this time I installed windows support directly from boot camp and now everything works !!!! The instructions from apple said go to utilities, then boot camp, press action, then install to usb but it never fully installed... Thank you for your help, I really apprecated it !

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.