1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sound Driver ?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Efcandme, Jul 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Efcandme

Efcandme Thread Starter

Hi .......can any body help me ..i,ve lost my sound,...my computer can not go back to factory settings.....am up and running again , but the sound has gone .....can i download a driver, so i can listen to music again...........my PC is a Philips Freeline.......am a novice at computers so if any one can help, i,d be very grateful ........many thanks Efc....sorryIF am in the wrong area......were should i go.?

2. Guyzer

Guyzer

First Name:
    Guy
    You posted in the wrong forum. I'll ask a mod to move it for you.

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

What is the exact model of your Phillips computer? Look on the label, what does it say there?

4. Efcandme

Efcandme Thread Starter

it says.........intel pentium 4processer530.........512 MB DDR........160GB HDD(7200rpm).......16x DVDRW MULTI (DOUBLE LAYER).......ATI RADEON 9250 128 MB.........WLAN (802.1 1b/g)........hope this is what you are after ....many thanks...

5. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

That's not the label I was thinking of. Is that the only label on the machine?

6. Efcandme

Efcandme Thread Starter

Yes sorry.......

7. Efcandme

Efcandme Thread Starter

....Tryed what you said, and still no sound.......(BOX FOR MUTE UNCHECKED)

8. Soundy

Soundy

Right-click on My Computer, go to Properties in the popup menu, go to the Hardware tab, and then click the Device Manager button.

In the list of devices, do you see anything with a yellow exclamation point or red X on it?

9. Efcandme

Efcandme Thread Starter

YES...its..... C-MEDIA AC97 AUDIO DEVICE... .........I have tryed to uninstall and reinstalling it,........ but keeps coming up corrupt.......this device cant start CODE 10

10. Soundy

Soundy

What is your motherboard model? It should be silkscreened onto the board itself. Some newer audio chipsets have issues with certain Windows updates.

11. Efcandme

Efcandme Thread Starter

Sorry dont know my motherboard model.........were will i find that ?........i no its inside the tower......will i have to look inside for it......or will it be in a manual.......

12. Soundy

Soundy

Umm, "It should be silkscreened onto the board itself."

Open the case, you should see the name/number printed on the big circuit board, usually between two of the white slots.

You could also look here for more details on your specific system, it may tell you how to find the machine's exact model number:
    http://tinyurl.com/2kyy8q

13. Efcandme

Efcandme Thread Starter

Will buying a sound card solve the problem? and if yes ,what make ?

14. Soundy

Soundy

I'd say "probably" but I really don't think it's necessary... it's like buying a new car because the old one doesn't start.

15. tony007

tony007 Banned

To find your motherboard model number goto start command prompt type in dxdiag the page that comes up should show your motherboard model number.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/592802

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice