sound failure

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

djjm

I have suddenly lost sound from my two plug in speakers and on board sound. Media player, Realplayer, Streaming Audio and CD Player all activate and play, but no sound comes out. I have the speakers plugged into LINE OUT and the speakers are powered up. The speakers also do actually work because if I plug the pin into the front of the CD player in the earphone socket rather than in LINE OUT, the CD sound plays fine through the speakers.

Have I a problem with the sound card ? Or is there a system conflict ? I have checked all of the settings through Control Panel/ System and Multimedia and all devices, it says, are working properly and there are no warning icons/symbols anywhere.
There are no mute selections in the Audio Control Panel other than Microphone...which now also doesn't work.

I first noticed this problem when I was using Cakewalk Music Software and attempted to input some microphone audio and record it to the tracks. After one attempt all the problems started...or was that coincidental ?

It was probably not coincidental.. Cakewalk is tempermental about soundcards.. You may try uninstalling and reinstalling cakewalk.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online