1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

sound fault

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by clavinova, Dec 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. clavinova

clavinova Thread Starter

I keep having trouble with the sound system on my laptop that I need to use to lesson to media for my wor. the sound goes "slow motin" sometimes or can be "influenzic" hard to explain it. The sound card is realtek and I have downloaded all updates. I actually very reguarely update the laptop.
    Any idea to help me teach my French with the laptop with the correct speed would really help. thanks:)

2. zabusant

zabusant

Which program are you using to playback the files?

How long has this problem been present?

What are your PC's specifications - CPU , RAM?

3. clavinova

clavinova Thread Starter

Thanks for your contact.
    What is a playback file ?
    I am using a Sony Vaio VGN FS415E LAPTOP. roxio, media player, Sonic Stage, Itune, QuickTime
    The problem occured first last year after a realtek update download. I was then directed to microsoft website and did the appropriate download to resolve the problem.
    Again in may-june, an update download for Itune & Quicktime failed and the problem started not much with PC slowing down but strange sound when windows starts and slow when using for listening to downloads or CDs. Same if I use external speakers.
    I hope that would be clear. Do you need any Hijachthis report ?

4. zabusant

zabusant

5. clavinova

clavinova Thread Starter

Ok, I have tried the first download and unfortunately did not resolved the problem.
    Before i go to the next try, I wanted to correct one point. When I say, the speed is correct, just to give you an example, This morning i downloaded and asked the computer to restart at 9:57, by the time it restarts with problem I turned it off and restart again, it is now 11:07.
    Also, last few days, I keep being attacked by aspimgr.exe, I deny access to zone alarm. My antivirus = antivir + spybot + ccleaner = AVG.
    Processor : intel celeron 1,70 Ghz 512 MB Mo HDD 80 GB.
    recently the free memory space on main drive went down to 41%. I had to delete few programs such as real Player Plus and canon printer drivers.
    I had been told by a shop that Celeron is not as good as Centuron is that true ?

6. zabusant

zabusant

7. zabusant

zabusant

Centuron? Are you sure you spelled that correctly? I've never heard of that! You mean Pentium?

8. clavinova

clavinova Thread Starter

non, probabbly something else similar.

9. clavinova

clavinova Thread Starter

I found the name : centrino.

10. zabusant

zabusant

Did you see post #6?:)

11. clavinova

clavinova Thread Starter

yes, I will post a new treath but at the moment, I only get zone alrm warning and I keep denying access, I don't think I am infected yet.

12. zabusant

zabusant

I'm sorry, but you are.

13. clavinova

clavinova Thread Starter

that's sad. Thanks anyway. I have posted. I so much need this laptop for my work and everything. I better not do anything else for the moment then.

14. clavinova

clavinova Thread Starter

houffff, it's ok now, yes I was infected.
    All cleaned up but sound still makes its grrrrrr flu - not clear and slow motion.
    I should mention that this happened around May-june when joined BT broadband extreeeeeeeeeemely slow connection and an update for quicktime itunes failed. (after the previous episod realtek update issue was resolved)
    As a result of the slowwww BT speed, I tried to speed up by uninstalling some programs, one was movieWOW. This uninstalling failed and keep asking for disk #2 that i dont recollect I ever had. Since the program is there, wont work and cant unistall. Sort of stcok somewhere ?!!

Any idea would be extremely helpful.

15. zabusant

zabusant

I hope you deleted the restore points as suggested!

Alright, let's do some troubleshooting. First try to boot into safe mode and see if the problem is present there. To get to safe mode, restart and start pressing F8 repeatedly, until you get to the selection screen. Select "Safe Mode With Networking". Log on as you normally do and try to play a file.

(BTW, there's a chance that you won't be able to play the file in safe mode, if so - don't worry about it and just continue with the next step)

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!