1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sound files onto audio CD

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by GabrielKafka, Dec 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GabrielKafka

GabrielKafka Thread Starter

I bought myself an Archos MiniCDrw2 cd writer in the hope that I would be able to transfer downloaded sound/talk files onto an audio CD and listen to it in the car. I am beginning to think that I didn't think this through properly?!?!
    The files I would like to stick on an audio CD are of .rm & .ram extensions.
    Is this possible at all? And if not directly, is there some way I get "around it"?
    I'm using W98 OS.
    Cheers and thanks for any help!

Ollie:confused:

2. kramnnim

kramnnim

The Realone player will convert and burn .rm files to CD as audio, theres a free version of Realone, you have to look for it, though. www.real.com

I did find a program that can convert .rm to .wav, .mp3, or .wma, it doesnt always work, though. It's called "Streambox Ripper"

.ram files are usually just small text files that tell Realplayer/Realone where to download the actual audio. Open a .ram in Notepad to see that URL.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/110313

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice