1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sound for videos has a low maximum

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Dunatis2000, Apr 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dunatis2000

Dunatis2000 Thread Starter

Ever since I had to wipe my computer the max volume it is able to output is far lower than before for some reason I don't know. I had a friend install all the Drivers I needed since I had no real idea of how to find out much about my own specs other than using SiSoftware Sandra Lite and hoping I have the right thing.

Before I had to keep both internal and speaker volume around the halfway point giving me a lot of leeway should any video I happen to play have a low volume. Now, I have the computer's Master volume cranked all the way up in every area leaving me only speaker volume to adjust but this is not quite enough for some videos forcing me to stick my head right up to the speakers to hear what anyone is saying.

What I am using are all the sound hardware that came with my computer which is IDTAudio1 and whatever the most updated codecs Windows Update will give me. The speakers are Edifier R10?

If you happen to know about any codecs or setting I may be missing or can't find (Both audio control (speaker settings and master volume) and IDT Audio settings are maxed out) I would love to know.

Thanks in advance, Dustin

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/704495

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice