1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sound from both speakers coming from one speaker only

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by igor043, Nov 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. igor043

igor043 Thread Starter

I have got a Toshiba Portege M400 laptop, there only the left speaker works on it. I've tried going into properties making sure the right speaker is unmuted and made sure both speakers are balanced but still no sound from the right speaker. When i actually test my speakers, where you would expect there to be one sound coming from the left speaker, then that stops then there should be another sound in the right speaker shortly after, i get BOTH sounds coming from the left speaker. I get a loud tone the first time, then a quieter tone but still audible again in the left speaker. So my assumption is that the sound that is supposed to come from the right speaker is in the left aswel. This causes problems when i play my music because instead of sharing the sound between the two speakers, they are both being played through just the left speaker which causes crackling in sound and distortion.
    Ive tested the sound when i put headphones in, and both the left and right ear speaker works, just not when i try and play from the inbuilt speakers.
    I have a SgmaTel HD Audio CODEC, Vista SP2 , any help would be appreciated

2. zyper95

zyper95

If only speaker is working on your laptop, it is possible that the right speaker itself on your laptop could already be failing and needs to be repaired. Since you tested the sound by using a headphones and the left and right works properly that means there is no problem with the driver. So my suggestion is send your laptop for repair and have the right speaker replaced.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/878105

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice