1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sound goes out...

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Boland, Jul 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Boland

Boland Thread Starter

Hello,

I'm on a brand new HP Pavilion dv7-2180us. I've had it just over a week.

Sometimes when I'm watching videos, mainly if I have multiple videos pulled up (for example loading multiple youtube videos on different tabs. most of the time I have them paused while they load except the one I'm playing) the sound will randomly just go out. I can have the volume turned all the way up but I hear nothing. So I restart the computer and reload the video(s) and the sound works fine. It's getting pretty obnoxious having to reboot the computer and reload my videos everytime the sound goes out. Any ideas?

Also, on another subject, is there a way to make the speakers louder? I have the SRS Premium Sound speakers with a little subwoofer on the bottom, but most mp3's the volume doesn't go as high as I would like it. I have the sound turned up in the mixer and everything.
    This isn't really a big deal, it's still loud enough to hear; but the above problem is what really annoys me!!

2. Boland

Boland Thread Starter

Also, when adjusting the volume via the keyboard, my laptop FREEZES completely sometimes. It just did it again.

3. Megabite

Megabite

If you want louder sound then get better speakers or run the sound through your stereo amplifier

As for the problems maybe you have too many programs running at once

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/842437