1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sound Gone From Right Speaker/Headphone

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by flag8, Jul 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flag8

flag8 Thread Starter

So here's my story:

I decided to see if I could listen to music directly from my sound card instead of my speakers. I unplugged the speakers, plugged in my headphones. No go. So I plugged my speakers back in and then I couldn't hear any sounds from it. So I restarted my computer. This half-fixed the problem.

Now I only have sound from my left headphone/speaker. I have checked all the balances and they are normal. I do not blast my music.

I would be very thankful if someone could help me with this problem. Thanks.

2. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

Welcome to TSG....

switching the speakers to the headphones could have caused a mismatch with the sound card circuitry since the resistance or impedance of the devices is greatly different and could have possibly made one or both sides not work. I would suggest turning-off the computer for a few hours and then plug the speakers back in and reboot it might be that just letting the circuitry cool off will fix it. If it still does the same thing I would have somebody look at it who is qualified to fix this type of circuitry.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/595499

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice