1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sound Help / No sound after re-installing windows xp professional

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Tobylimit, Jun 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Tobylimit

Tobylimit Thread Starter

I'm sure you have had alot of these, and the last time I re installed windows xp professional I had this problem and somehow managed to fix it but now I am stuck, I have simply re-installed service pack 2 from the disk and there is no sound playing at all, obviously something to do with drivers or lack of.

I downloaded lavalys's Everest and it has told me that...

Audio Adapter: SiS 7012 Audio Device

This is all I know, also when I attempt to play something in Winamp, I get this message.

Bad DirectSound driver. Please install proper drivers or select another device in configuration. Error code: 8878000A

Could someone please direct me on what to download etc? I think the last time I fixed it, it was something to do with realtek however I tried installing the codecs and everything and it has solved nothing.

Please help, Thanks, Toby.

2. The Hound

The Hound

The manufacturer's drivers for the SiS 7012 are here...

Directions for using the DirectX troubleshooter are available from Microsoft here...

3. Tobylimit

Tobylimit Thread Starter

You can close this now I got the sound working from the packard bell website, I found a driver on there randomally. Thanks again!

4. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

Instead of asking for a thread to be closed -- when all is well you just mark it "Solved" using the Thread Tools Menu here.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/590244

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice