sound help !!!!!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

[email protected]

i have changed my PC case and everything is working fine but there is no sound
it was working b4

i have checked that AC 97 is enabled in the bios

i have also reinstalled the drivers

i cant think of why this has happend

please help

lyle,:confused:

valis

welcome to tsg lyle....have you reinstalled the motherboard drivers?

If you haven't already done so go through device manager and make sure that your sound card is listed as working and that it's not listed twice like under Other Devices. Check into the Sound settings in control panel and check everything is chosen properly and nothing muted. Since this happened after a case change recheck speaker connections, make sure the speakers are working and try a pair of headphones. What OS do you have?

[email protected]

I Have Also Tryed Headphones And I Tryed A Microphone In The Mic Port And Tryed Recording Sound But Nothing Happened

Looks like you've tried most things. Uninstall the sound adapter reboot and let windows reinstall it.

valis

well, let's start eliminating things.....I assume you get the system beeps, like hte post beeps during bootup. What happens when you open a word document, type something, and then close it without saving it? Do you get a system beep? Or nothing? You should get a system beep, or a clank. If you get nothing, that is good. That means it's a driver or card issue.

valis

the fact that you didn't get a system beep means that your pc knows it has a soundcard and therefore has no need to resort to system beeps, such as what you get when you boot up. I would recommend checking the connections, and if you are sure that they are correct, try a different set of speakers.

Also, have you done EVERYTHING that norton850 suggested? Including uninstalling the drivers and letting windows reinstall? And that nothing is muted?

The reason I ask is that, again, if you get no beeps, that means you system feels that there is no need to MAKE a beep, therefore it thinks it is making another noise. We just have to find out why.

v

[email protected]

i opened up my PC and found a lead saying speaker

i plugged according to my motherboard manual and now i get a high piched Beep when i close a word doc
and for any errors

but thats all

i have done all the the things that norton850 stated

i might just buy a PCI sound card from some where

lyle,:confused:

I've just solved this problem on my dads PC yesterday.
It sounds like a driver issue to me too. If you go into device manager can you roll back the drivers?.

I guess a sound card is cheap enough and if it solves the problem it might be worth it. You could try a Windows System Restore. Also check around the audio outputs at the back of the case to make sure nothing is shorting. With the new case did you connect any case audio ports with the motherboard? Sometimes this will disable the audio adapter ones if the wiring isn't correct?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online