1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sound hicups every so often

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by DrDoom, Apr 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrDoom

DrDoom Thread Starter

I have XP pro, Matsonic MB, 512 Mem, 40 Gb Wd, Adelphia.net high speed and the sound plays great but hicups every so often that I can not record songs to cd or even play any music. Windows sound on startup also does it. In fact all my sound has this problem. On Bd sound was turned off and sound card installed only to do the same thing. I am about to disable the adelphia.net to see if it is causing the problem. I have all updates and use Norton Firewall. Norton Anitvirus, adaware, spybot and spysweeper. I have had this problem before the spyware programs and have worked on this for a while. All ideas you may have will be tried. Thanks to all for any help. I have built PC since the 80's and still have a lot to learn.

2. rude

rude

Not trying to be too obvious but,have you thought of installing new drivers for your sound card?

You can also run scannow: Click start/run

Type: SFC /scannow

Note the space between SFC and /

3. Mr. PC Doc

Mr. PC Doc

Yup, drivers will fix it most probably.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!