1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sound icon is there but doesn't bring up volume control

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by marie500, Sep 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. marie500

marie500 Thread Starter

Windows XP Home SP2.
    Pretty often clicking on my sound icon (Which IS present in the system tray), does not open the volume control slider. When this happens I go to Control Panel but Sound controls won't open from that location either. There's no way to control the volume and must reboot to get it back (temporarily, because it keeps happening).

Do I possibly need driver updates? If so, which one of these is my sound card?
    SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio
    Unimodem Half-Duplex Audio Device

Or is it an XP problem.

2. Polduh

Polduh

you need identify first your sound driver software,, i recommend you to use toolkit driverguide to detect your driver. then download the driver from web..

3. marie500

marie500 Thread Starter

I see sites to download that program but they are not familiar sites to me. Is there a recommended site to get this program?

4. Polduh

Polduh

5. marie500

marie500 Thread Starter

Dell's list dates the latest driver released in 2000.
    What else could this be?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/401192

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice