1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sound is distorted

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Ipooptoomuch, Jul 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Ipooptoomuch

Ipooptoomuch Thread Starter

Hello, I have had this problem happen occasionally but now it will not stop. The sound sounds like its being played on an old record player thats out of speed and constantly changes speeds. I went through the microsoft troubleshooter (yes i am desperate) it obviously did not solve anything other than assuring me that plugging my speakers in might help.

2. MysticEyes

MysticEyes Banned

Your name is too stupid. Do you think something so immature will inspire folks to help you?

3. EasY_TargeT

EasY_TargeT

Wow mystic way to break him down you ***.
    @ I poo
    is your sound coming from an onboard sound card? This is normally a huge problem with older (3-5 years) will be very distorted. If it is not onboard, who should tell us what you sound card is this will help us greatly with helping you. and the last thing is ignore idiots like mystic, they will come and go, just make sure they dont bring you down.

4. Ipooptoomuch

Ipooptoomuch Thread Starter

Yeah its an onboard card, and my computer is approximately 6 years old.

5. dobbelina

dobbelina

I had the exactly same thing happen to me (sounds were kinda garbled).
    This happened when I used a new sound driver.
    Even if it was compatible, I still got "strange" sounds from it.
    Changing to another version fixed that.
    Try re-installing your sound card driver from your mobo CD.
    Even better if you visit your mobo manufacturers website and d/l any updated drivers from there.

6. EasY_TargeT

EasY_TargeT

try what dobb said
    if that doesnt work, go out and pick up a very basic sound card, like $20, i found that onboard sound always comes out crappier sounding than a dedicated card.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/482727

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice