1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Sound is really loud whenever something makes noise

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by BigbyBoss, Sep 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. BigbyBoss

BigbyBoss Thread Starter

First Name:
    Jan
    Yesterday everything worked fine. After waking up and wanting to look at a video, it just started making loud noises, sounds a lot like a static noise, and you couldn't make anything out what was being said or played.
    Then i switched to my headphones, but the same thing happens there.

Should be noted that it makes the static noise only if the PC tries to play noises, like a video on YouTube or playing music or even other software that makes noises with alerts for example.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
  2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    I don't hear anything wrong in the video. Everything is seems perfectly legible.

Have you verified advanced mixer and volume settings?

3. BigbyBoss

BigbyBoss Thread Starter

First Name:
    Jan
    If you don't hear anything, then i guess i can't record what's wrong on my PC.
    What exactly do you mean with verified? If you mean i should check if things are different, i'll go check. I don't know why they would be different as this has never happened before and i haven't messed with my audio settings for at least a good month, but it can't hurt to check.

4. BigbyBoss

BigbyBoss Thread Starter

First Name:
    Jan
    Okay, so at the bottom of the website is a section called Similar Threads. From there, i clicked on "sometimes the computer sound super bad" from Sturlius.
    I read through it, but found that we had a different problem. A different situation.
    But there i read your comment about uninstalling and reinstalling drivers. I thought i could at least give that a try.
    After uninstalling the drivers for my headphones and reinstalling it, after restarting the PC, it all sounds good again.
    And the fact that i didn't have to update my speaker driver is because my headphones actually has a station to which i can connect the speakers. It also has a button to quickly switch between using headphones and using speakers.

Oddba11, thank you for taking the time to try and help. I will mark this thread as solved, but i'll come back if any other problems may arrive.
    Thank you for your time.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1196440

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice