Sound isn't working, where can I get a driver?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kindofedgy

Okay, so I recently re-installed Windows XP because it was giving me some trouble. Everything went smoothly, but that was about a week ago, and I still don't have sound. I've run Windows Update several times and tried to update the driver, but there are no updates avalible for it. The audio device I'm dealing with is "Unimodem Half-Duplex Audio Device," and I'm thinking my best bet is to find the driver somewhere and install it.

Where can I find it? Or, is there a better solution?

Figure out your MOBO make and model and then go the MOBO manufacture web site and it will have the drivers for download (most likely--unless its some fringe cheap MOBO manufacturer).

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online